Saturday, August 24, 2019

Saturday Showcase - Birdie



Happy Saturday to you, friends! It's time for Saturday Showcase with Ink to Paper and today we are featuring the oh so sweet set, Birdie! This set is just the sweetest and filled with all the pieces you need for building a beautiful tree branch. But it also lends itself to creating a variety of cards without using that tree branch and that's just what I did for today. My main focus is on the flowers included in the set!


I started with a white card base and die-cut an oval frame to use as a guide to stamp the flowers around. I used the oval from Geometrix: Oval, attached it temporarily to the center of my card and then stamped the flowers in the following colors … Harvest Gold, Pale Peony, Melon Berry, Berry Sorbet, Orange Zest, Fine Line and Simply Chartreuse.


I removed that solid oval and then attached the oval border around the flowers. In the center of that I added 'FOR YOU' that was die-cut using the To Die For Sentiments: Boxed in for You Die. That was die-cut out of white and then Hawaiian Shores was added behind.


I stamped and die-cut the bird, flower and leaves and attached those just above the 'FOR YOU' and just below I stamped one of the sentiments that is included in the set. To complete my card I simply added a few clear sequins!


Thanks for visiting with me today, Enjoy your weekend!

Melissa


STAMPS: Birdie
INK: Harvest Gold, Pale Peony, Melon Berry, Berry Sorbet, Orange Zest, Fine Linen, Simply Chartreuse, True Black
PAPER: Stampers Select White, Hawaiian Shores
DIES: Birdie, Geometrix: Oval, To Die For Sentiments: Boxed in for You
OTHER: Sequins


No comments:

Post a Comment