Friday, May 31, 2019

Design Team Tips - Colorful Sentiments

YAY for Friday! It's time for a Design Team Tip with Ink to Paper. Today I'm sharing how I created colorful and eye catching sentiments using the new Frame It Out: Wishes Stamp and Die Collection. I love creating with word and sentiment dies and this is just one more way to stretch the use of them!


I started by stamping the Loosely Woven Background Stamp along the left side of each of my white card bases. One in Berry Sorbet and the other in Hibiscus. I set those aside and then moved onto my sentiments.


To create the colorful background for my sentiment I simply used strips of colorful cardstock that I had in my leftover pile. I attached the strips to a piece of white cardstock and then die-cut them using larger shadow 'Smile' die.


I did the same with the 'Be Well' die. After attaching the bold and colorful sentiments to my card fronts, I stamped the rest of my sentiment onto a strip of True Black.


I added a few die-cut leaves and sequins around each of the sentiments to complete my card!

This is such a great way to use up those leftover strips of cardstock that we always have laying around!

Thanks so much for visiting!
Melissa


STAMPS: Frame It Out: Wishes, Loosely Woven
INK: Berry Sorbet, Hibiscus, Limeade Ice, Fresh Snow
PAPER: Stampers Select White, Sweet Blush, Melon Berry, Berry Sorbet, Hibiscus, True Black
DIES: Frame It Out: Wishes
OTHER: sequins

3 comments:

  1. Melissa, these cards are so cheerful. Like this idea of color combo strips for die cutting the key word of your sentiment. Great idea that I'm sure I'll be using. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever shadow background technique, Melissa! I just love the font use in the die.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for shadow dies--would never have thought to do that!

    ReplyDelete