Friday, June 21, 2019

Design Team Tips - Die-cut Backgrounds

Happy, Happy Friday to you! I'm popping in on this last day of the week to share a Ink to Paper Design Team Tip with you. I'm a big, big fan of white card bases. They tend to be what I create with the most, and love how they make my colorful images POP off the card, but sometimes I feel they need just a little bit extra. 


On my card for today, I chose to die-cut a bunch of white flowers, from the It's A Sign: Beautiful Die Collection, to create a background for my images to rest on.


I used all three sizes of flowers included in the set, die-cut them each multiple times and then simply attached them over the front of my white card base. 


I then used the It's A Sign: Beautiful Stamp Set to create the colorful images you see on the front. The frame was die-cut out of Kraft cardstock and stamped with Versamark ink. I stamped the flowers in a combination of bright and cheerful colors … Pure Poppy, Summer Sunrise, Pale Peony, Orange Zest and Hibiscus.


After tucking a few leaves underneath, stamping my sentiment and adding colorful sequins to the centers of each flower, I attached the whole thing with dimensional foam! I really love the layer of die-cut flowers underneath. I think it adds just that extra little something!

Thanks so much for visiting with me today!

Melissa



STAMPS: It's A Sign: Beautiful
INK: Pure Poppy, Summer Sunrise, Pale Peony, Orange Zest, Hibiscus, Green Parakeet, True Black
PAPER: Stampers Select White, Kraft
DIES: It's A Sign: Beautiful
OTHER: sequins, Versamark



1 comment: