Saturday, March 02, 2019

Saturday Showcase - Caring Heart

Hello, friends! I hope you are all enjoying your Saturday. There is more snow expected in our forecast which I'm bummed about, but that only means more creative time in my studio which makes me very happy. :) 

Today is Showcase Saturday over at Papertrey Ink and a few of us are sharing projects using Seasonal Borders: Spring. You will want to head over to the Papertrey Ink blog to check out what the other gals have created. Trust me, you won't want to miss it … their projects are stunning!


Anytime I get to create a card with flowers I am a happy stamper, so when this was the chosen set for today I couldn't wait to start working on my project. I love how this set has so many bits and pieces to it and with the coordinating Seasonal Borders: Spring Die Collection the ideas for creating with it are endless.

My colors for today … Harvest Gold, Pale Peony, Hibiscus, Orange Zest, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Limeade Ice. A perfect spring palette! 

I started by die-cutting two white borders. Now, I'll be honest, when I first created with this set it took me a minute to figure out exactly where each image fit inside that border, but once I did everything just fell into place. There is a great video that Papertrey shared last year with tips on creating with it that you can find right HERE

I chose to create a border along the bottom and left side of my card, leaving room for my sentiment in the upper right. I attached the borders with dimensional foam and then trimmed the edge off the bottom border.


My sentiment is from Words to Live By: Caring and the tiny heart is from the Bear Hugs Die Collection.

Enjoy your day and thank you for visiting with me!

xo,
Melissa


STAMPS: Seasonal Borders: Spring
INK: Harvest Gold, Pale Peony, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Hibiscus, Limeade Ice, Orange Zest, True Black, Fresh Snow
PAPER: Stampers Select White, Pale Peony, True Black
DIES: Seasonal Borders: Spring, Bear Hugs
OTHER: sequins

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melissa! I would never have thought to use the borders like you have in your design. It's SO pretty! Isn't it nice to enjoy the Spring colors? YES, it is! I LOVE your layout and very vibrant card!

    ReplyDelete