Saturday, April 13, 2019

Saturday Showcase - Better Together


Hey friends! Happy weekend to you. I'm joining in today for Saturday Showcase over on the Papertrey Ink Blog. This week we are creating projects with the gorgeous set, Better Together. Pretty florals + uplifting and thoughtful sentiments … two of my favorite things in one stamp set!

I created two cards for today … same color combo, just different layouts!


I started by stamping a variety of the flowers and stems/leaves onto the following cardstock colors … Hawaiian Shores, Bright Buttercup, Melon Berry, Berry Sorbet and Pure Poppy. After die-cutting them all I began assembling my cards. 


For the first one I chose a simple row of colorful flowers. I attached those to a white card panel that I had trimmed down to 4" x 5.25". Above my flowers I added one of uplifting sentiments.


I then attached the panel to the front of my Bitty Big: Smokey Shadow card base. I used circle punches to create the centers of my flowers. It's hard tell from the photo, but each of them was filled in with Glossy Accents.


My second card features more of the flowers tucked around my sentiment. I did some layering on this one, placing the smaller flowers over the larger. Again I filled in the centers using my circle punch and white cardstock. 


I wanted to add a bit more color and chose to replace a few of the words in the sentiment with colorful sentiment strips. I just love how this one turned out!


Be sure to visit the Papertrey Ink Blog for more inspiration. Have a wonderful day!

xo,
Melissa


STAMPS: Better Together
INK: Hawaiian Shores, Bright Buttercup, Melon Berry, Berry Sorbet, Pure Poppy, Green Parakeet, True Black
PAPER: Stampers Select White, Hawaiian Shores, Bright Buttercup, Melon Berry, Berry Sorbet, Pure Poppy, Green Parakeet
PATTERN PAPER: Bitty Big: Smokey Shadow
DIES: Better Together
OTHER: glossy accents

7 comments:

  1. Melissa! SO cute! LOVE everything about this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa! I always love your take on different designs, they are always unique and so pretty. Who would think you could have a flower garden, the way you designed it. So original and as always in beautiful colors! Happy Saturday! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Stephanie. You are always so kind. I truly appreciate it! :)

      Delete
  3. These are gorgeous! Such a different take on this set.

    ReplyDelete