Monday, September 10, 2018

Papertrey Ink - September Release Countdown - Day 1


Hello, crafty friends! Welcome to Day 1 of the September Papertrey Ink Release Countdown. We have lots of stamping goodness in store for you this month, including many holiday sets. I have two cards for you today featuring these new products … Merry Mug, Sentiments Staples: Christmas, Say It Simply: You & Yours and Sweet Stitching!

**All of the new products will be available September 15th at 10pm EST!**




Up first is the absolute cutest holiday mug set, Merry Mug. I started by stamping and die-cutting multiple images in the set … the mug, holly, tag and hearts. I set those aside and then die-cut a frame, from Pierced Feature Frames, to attach to the front of my white card base. After that was attached I started assembling my card. The sentiment stamped on the foam is from Merry Mug and Merry Christmas, that's up in the left corner, is from the new Sentiment Staples: Christmas.


I just adore this little set and love all of the added extras that you can decorate your mug with! So fun!


Up next is Sweet Stitching and the new sentiment die, Say It Simply: You & Yours. Let me just apologize for the quality of my photos up front. I had such a hard time getting a clear shot of this card. It's so much prettier in person, I promise!

My card features not only the Sweet Stitching stamp set, but also the coordinating Sweet Stitching Impression Plate. I used it on my white card panel and it looks so beautiful. I used one of the images in the stamp set to stamp along the out edges of the panel.


After I had stamped the outer pattern, I used the Say It Simply: You & Yours die and die-cut the center of the white panel. I die-cut it again out of Kraft cardstock and then placed the Kraft sentiment inside the empty space of the white panel. To finish it, I added a few die-cut hearts from Merry Mug!

Well friends, this is just Day 1 of the countdown. I promise you there is so much more to see over the next four days. Pop on over to the Papertrey Ink blog to see what the rest of the team created for you today! 

Enjoy your day!



**Not yet linked, but will be available September 15th at 10pm EST … Merry Mug, Sentiment Staples: Christmas, Say It Simply: You & Yours and Sweet Stitching**






2 comments:

  1. Oh Melissa, these are so much fun! I especially love your Merry Mug project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are very cute. I love the way you used the sweet stitching around the outside edge of the second card. And the cute cup is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete