Monday, March 12, 2018

Day 3 - Corner Adorner: March + Penned Elegance + Dream, Fly, Soar

Happy Monday to you, friends! Welcome to Day 3 of this month's Papertrey Ink countdown. Today we are sharing projects using three new sets ... Corner Adorner: March, Penned Elegance and Dream, Fly, Soar!

**Just a reminder that all of the new products will be available March 15th at 10pm EST!**

Let's jump right into what I have to share today ...


First up, Corner Adorner: March! I love the concept of these little sets and can't wait to see what the remainder of the year will bring for designs. I chose one of my favorite color combos to create with. I trimmed a piece of white cardstock, slightly smaller than my card base, and stamped the main border four times in Pure Poppy. I went back over each of the borders and filled in the swirls with Hawaiian Shores and Pale Peony. Next came my sentiment and a few sequins surrounding it. I attached the card panel to my base and then wrapped white twine around to complete it. 


Up next, Penned Elegance! No doubt this set is going to get a lot of love from me (and so many others)! I love a white background with lots of color popping off the front and that's what I did here. I started by stamping 'hello friend' using the lowercase letters in the set. Around that I stamped the butterfly, from A Bit More: Butterfly Blooms, in a variety of bright + happy colors. I also created a matching envelope for a special touch.


Last up for me today is Dream, Fly, Soar ... LOVE the large, bold font in this set. I started by stamping the 'Fly' onto white and then did a little die-cutting to embellish around that. There are a few different kite images in the set and I focused on just one of them. After die-cutting them all, I used the small star trio image and stamped each one. Those were attached randomly around my card front, a few popped up with dimensional foam. Along the right side, I added a strip of white cardstock that I had stamped with 'spread your wings'. To complete it, I added a few black bows to my balloons and clear sequins.

That brings Day 3 to a close for me, but there is still so much more to see from my inspiring teammates. Pop on over to the Papertrey Ink blog to read the full post and see all of the cards created for you today. 

As always, I truly appreciate you taking the time to say hello! Have a wonderful day, friends!

SUPPLIES: 

CARD #1 : JUST FOR YOU




CARD #2 : HELLO FRIEND




CARD #3 : FLY



2 comments:

  1. The new butterflies are so different from the others I have. Great card. Love the corner card and kites too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Melissa, I love all three of these cards. In fact, I just might have to CASE them. Pure Poppy and Aqua Mist/Hawaiian Shores are a delightful combo. Those colorful butterflies flitting around the sentiment looks fab. And, your last card with the sentiment strip along the edge, colorful balloons and bold sentiment is very festive.

    ReplyDelete