Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Bold Borders: Blooming

Hi there, friends! I have been having so much fun creating with the new Bold Borders: Blooming die from Papertrey Ink. I spent a little time yesterday creating a set of cards using that along with the new, and oh so beautiful, Penned Elegance sentiment set. I wanted to share those with you today!


I chose five cheerful colors to work with ... Sweet Blush, Spring Moss, Hibiscus, Lemon Tart and Aqua Mist. They scream spring, don't they? I know a lot of us are so ready for those beautiful spring days. Until they arrive we'll have to create a little spring in our crafting! :) 
 

I didn't take step by step photos and probably should have, but will walk you through how I created these. 

I love choosing colors for my projects and then mixing them up between my cards and that's just what I did on these. After die-cutting my five borders, I removed all of the negative pieces and put them in individual piles on my desk. Next, I attached all of my borders to the fronts of five white card bases. I mixed up the colorful rectangles and placed them in the centers of each card. Now for the filling in. Some may find this too tedious to do, but I find it somewhat relaxing. Crazy, I know! :) Reaching for those negative piles I made earlier, I started filling in bits and pieces of the flowers in the borders. I used a fine tip glue pen and added a bit to each section. To pick up the tiny pieces of the flowers I used a jewel picker (I linked it below). I seriously don't know how I lived without this little tool for so long. It works perfectly for projects like this!


After all of my borders were filled in I moved on to die-cutting and stamping all of my sentiments from Penned Elegance! This script font makes me swoon. It's so gorgeous and I just love how it pairs so well with the Bold Borders: Blooming die!


Love all the detail in this border die and can't wait to see the next design is in the series!I'm so happy with how these turned out. I hope you enjoyed! Thanks so much for visiting with me today! 





No comments:

Post a Comment