Thursday, February 23, 2017

Up the Happy - Essentials by Ellen Pin-Sights Challenge



This month the Essentials by Ellen Pin-Sights Challenge is all about one of my favorite colors ... Aqua! Of course, I had to create a little something and enter.



Up the Happy is the stamp set I inked up for my card. I started with a white base that I die cut using the Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle Stackables. I created my balloon cluster using the masking technique and then colored them in using watercolors. I decided to dress up a few of the balloons by using my white gel pen to add stripes and dots.


To fancy up my card a little bit more, I die cut a butterfly using the coordinating Up the Happy die collection and then stamped and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. To finish, I added a few sparkly sequins and clear drops and then attached it all to my aqua card base using white dimensional foam.

So happy you popped in today. I hope your day is wonderful!





3 comments:

  1. Really beautiful, Melissa! Cheerful, colorful, and up-lifting!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those doodled balloons are so celebratory and fun, Melissa ... love that delicate butterfly alighting on them! Thanks so much for coming by for a visit, and for your sweet words! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete