Hello, crafty friends and happy Sunday to you! Are you ready for the next Where Creativity Meets C9 challenge? This next one is all about 'Watercolors'...something I think we all enjoy using on our projects, from time to time. I know I do!
For today, I focused on creating a pretty and colorful background for a few of my favorite Concord & 9th images to sit on. What I love about water coloring is that your really can't mess it up...you just have fun with it. And isn't that what paper-crafting is all about! ;)
After I created my background, I set it aside to let it dry and moved onto my stamping and die-cutting. I used a mix of the Beautiful You dies , Floral & Flutter dies, and the You're My Person stamp set on my card. I'll give you a step by step of what I did...
1. I stamped the sentiment (from You're My Person) in black ink and then cut it into separate strips.
2. I die cut 3 white flowers and 1 flower (from Floral & Flutter) in each of these colors....orange, pink and yellow.
3. I filled in each of the white flowers with 5 petals from the colored flowers.
4. I die cut 'beautiful' (from Beautiful You) 3 times out of white card-stock and layered them to give my sentiment more dimension.
5. Last, I assembled my card!
I hope you'll join us in the 'Watercolor' challenge! Be sure to read all of the challenge rules so you don't miss out on the chance to win a $25 gift certificate from our wonderful challenge sponsor, Concord & 9th. Also, the best entry will be asked to guest-design for a future challenge. You have until October 29th to enter!
Here are a few links so you can follow along with us -
And be sure to stop by and say hello to my super talented Where Creativity Meets C9 teammates -
- Jessica Frost-Ballas
- Lindsey Larsen
- Lynn Put
- Diane Jaquay
- Emily Midgett
- Kymona Tracey
- Justin Krieger
- Lisa Stein
Have fun and thanks so much for visiting with me today!