Friday, January 11, 2019

Papertrey Ink - January Release Countdown - Day 2

Hey, everyone! Welcome back for Day 2 of the January Papertrey Ink Release Countdown. I'm thrilled that I get to showcase two new products for you today … Frame It Out: What's Inside? and the Nesting Basics: Oval Dies.

**All of the new products will be available January 15th at 10pm EST!**


The new Frame It Out: What's Inside? is such a fun and sweet little set. It even has a coordinating die which makes creating with it even more fun and versatile. You can see the die in the photo above and that's what I used, along with the new Nesting Basics: Oval Dies, to create my first card. 

I started by die-cutting one of the larger ovals in the die collection. I then used a Nesting Basics: Pierced Oval Dies (introduced yesterday) to impress the inside.


Next, using the Frame It Out: What's Inside? Die, I die-cut the inside of the oval. I then created a colorful inlay by die-cutting that same image in a variety of colors. 


The sweet bear, from Bear Hugs, was placed in the center of the oval frame and he's holding one of the many sentiments included in the set.


I used the large oval pattern image on card #2. I stamped it once in Hawaiian Shores and then built my pattern out from there using the individual images. 


I mentioned there are a variety of cheerful sentiments included in the set. Here I used a few of them together to create my greeting!


To add a little 'extra' embellishment, I added a few white flowers, from Butterfly Blooms, and leaves from Botanical Bounty.


I went a bit retro on my last card for today. My background was created by die-cutting and layering the Nesting Basics: Oval and Nesting Basics: Pierced Oval Dies. After layering and attaching them all to my card front, I moved onto my sentiment.


I did a little mixing here … some old with the new. I used the Love Die and From the Heart Dies to create the 'LOVE' part of my sentiment and finished it off my adding the rest of my sentiment above and below that.


Well, friends, I hope you enjoyed what I created for today and hope I've inspired you a bit when it comes to creating with these wonderful new products. Head on over to the Papertrey Ink blog where there is so much more to see from the design team, as well as a few more goodies that are being introduced today.

Have a happy day!


SUPPLIES:

A MILLION THANKS:
STAMPS: Frame It Out: What's Inside? (available January 15th)
DIES: Nesting Basics: Oval, Nesting Basics: Pierced Oval  (available January 15th)
CARDSTOCK: Stampers Select White, Lemon Tart, Green Parakeet, Melon Berry, Sweet Blush
INK: Hibiscus, Aqua Mist, True Black

WARNING HAPPY THOUGHTS:
STAMPS: Frame It Out: What's Inside? (available January 15th), Butterfly Blooms, Botanical Bounty
DIES: Nesting Basics: Oval, Nesting Basics: Pierced Oval  (available January 15th), Butterfly Blooms, Botanical Bounty
CARDSTOCK: Stampers Select White, True Black
INK: Raspberry Fizz, Summer Sunrise, Hawaiian Shores, Green Parakeet, True Black, Fresh Snow

LOVE and GLITTER:
STAMPS: Frame It Out: What's Inside? (available January 15th)
DIES: Nesting Basics: Oval, Nesting Basics: Pierced Oval  (available January 15th), Love Die, From the Heart Dies
CARDSTOCK: Stampers Select White, Simply Chartreuse, Berry Sorbet, Melon Berry, Harvest Gold, Hibiscus, True Black
INK: Fresh Snow, True Black

2 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa! What a terrific post; you had me at “ a million thanks “ and your sweet bear. I LOVE 💕 YOUR DESIGN! Your stamped oval card is so bright and cheerful, a lot of stamping and it turned out perfectly! Love the love too! Thx so much for sharing all your hard work Melissa, you’re so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These bright and happy cards are the perfect antidote to a dreary winter. The little bear is a cutie and the confetti makes a fab background. Thanks for sharing this inspiration with these fun products.

    ReplyDelete